Manage episode 275332355 series 2808040
No-one would deny sex is important to a meaningful life, but what that looks like changes as we age. In this first episode of the new self-help podcast The Meaningful Life with Andrew G. Marshall, international sex therapist and Daily Mail columnist Tracey Cox discusses her new book Great Sex Starts at 50: How to Age-Proof Your Libido.
While wild, lustful sex can certainly be a unique and special life experience, the sex that brings us meaning is different. It’s the sex that lasts past the orgasm, to include that afterglow as you lie together or even just make each other a post-coital cup of tea. It’s about building a sexual relationship that is not solely focused on orgasm.
Meaningful sex is also sex that the two of you work on - after twenty years you probably won’t want to rip each other’s clothes off, but you CAN plan time to devote to each other, to try new things and create desire. Trying new things is something the majority of couples never do - but it’s a simple recipe for exciting, meaningful sex, and Tracey and Andrew have plenty of tips on where to start.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50. https://www.patreon.com/andrewgmarshall
- Buy Great Sex Starts at 50: How to Age-Proof Your Libido by Tracey Cox https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-sex-starts-50-age-proof/dp/1922351059
- Get the advice you need on your sex life from Tracey Cox https://www.traceycox.com
- Put the spark back in your relationship with Andrew’s book Have The Sex You Want https://andrewgmarshall.com/book/have-the-sex-you-want-a-couples-guide-to-getting-back-the-spark/
- Read Andrew’s advice on what to do if your partner says the passion is gone https://andrewgmarshall.com/my-husband-says-he-never-felt-that-spark-of-passion/
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on: