地道口语——玩极限运动(去蹦极)

8:25
 
分享
 

Manage episode 281723616 series 1282020
由Player FM以及我们的用户群所搜索的英语主播Emily — 版权由出版商所拥有,而不是Player FM,音频直接从出版商的伺服器串流. 点击订阅按钮以查看Player FM更新,或粘贴收取点链接到其他播客应用程序里。

company

公司

He works in the largest computer company in the world.

他在全球最大的计算机公司工作。

陪伴;作伴

I enjoy Joe's company=I enjoy being with her.

我喜欢和乔在一起。

Don't go. I need your company.

不要走,我需要你的陪伴。

keep sb company

陪某人作伴

He is busy with his work. But he always finds time to keep me company.

他工作很忙,但是他总会找到时间陪我。


Conversation:

A: What are you doing this weekend?

你这周末打算干什么?

B: I don't have any plans yet, do you?

我目前还没有什么打算,你有吗?

A: Yes, I'm going to go bungee jumping on Saturday.

我想好了,我打算周六去蹦极。

B: Can I come and watch?

我可以去看看吗?

A: Sure. You should do a jump yourself.

当然可以,你还可以亲自跳一下。

B: Are you kidding? Believe it or not, that is the last thing I'd ever want to do.

开玩笑吧,信不信由你,实在没得干我才会想去做这个。

the last thing表示“最不想做的事情”

A: People do it all the time. You won't get hurt.

大家都玩这个,你不会受伤的。

B: Don't you think it's just a little bit dangerous?

你不觉得这个有点危险吗?

A: The people who run the company have lots of safety procedures.

蹦极公司的工作人员有很多安全措施。

B: That's not the point. I don't like doing risky things.

重点不是这个,我不喜欢做任何有风险的事。

A: Okay. You don't have to do it if you don't want to.

好了,如果你不想跳,可以不跳。

B: Good, I'll come and watch though.

好极了,我还是会去看看的。

A: It'll be good to have some company.

有人陪着我也挺不错的。

B: Will they teach you how to use any safety equipment before you jump?

你跳之前,他们会教你怎么使用安全设施吗?

A: They will explain what to do and what to expect, but there isn't much you can do if the cord breaks.

他们会向你讲解清楚怎么做,会发生什么事情。可是一旦绳子断了,你也无计可施。

B: So it is really dangerous then!

所以这项运动还是相当危险的。

A: Don't worry, I'll be fine.

别担心,我不会有事的。

B: You're absolutely crazy. I can't believe you're going to do it.

你真是疯了,我真不敢相信你会去蹦极。

A: You should try it. If you face your fears, you'll be able to do anything.

你应该尝试一下,如果你敢于直面自己的恐惧,你就什么都不怕了。

B: Trust me, extreme sports are not for me.

相信我,极限运动不适合我。



2721集单集