Manage episode 283722290 series 2808040
What is it like to step away from individual freedom and enter into a life of submission and domination? This week’s witness is Slave Phil, a writer, blogger and podcaster at Master Slave Lifestyle.
From early childhood, Phil was drawn to being controlled and dominated by others. At the age of eighteen, he began exploring the master slave lifestyle. For Phil, this was “part of his soul”, not just play or an aspect of his personality.
Phil talks with Andrew about the ways in which this lifestyle challenges social norms - why WOULD someone want to be controlled? For Phil and others who live this way, being controlled and shaped by another person brings the freedom of letting go of responsibility. Compared to conventional relationships, the rules of engagement are written down, discussed and regularly reviewed, rather than being invisible, confusing and often outdated.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50.
- Visit Pink Therapy to find kink aware therapists and advice.
- Take a look at Slave Phil’s website, Master Slave Lifestyle
- Follow Slave Phil on Twitter at @Brotherhood_SM
- Put the spark back in your relationship with Andrew’s book Have The Sex You Want
- Read Andrew’s advice on what to do if your partner says the passion is gone
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on: