Manage episode 297463223 series 2711079
Maik Burlage is a former professional tennis player, and now the founder and CEO of Wingfield.
The 30-year-old German played professionally for nearly 3 years, before moving into Coaching and then tech innovation. He set up Wingfield with the aim to bring affordable smart match and performance analysis to the wider tennis community.
Wingfield´s technology gives players the opportunity to receive instant video and data from their practise session or match at their local club.
The data, like your first serve percentage, is delivered on the court or through a smart phone app.
Listen to Maik talk to CTC Host Dan Kiernan about:-
- His tennis career
- How he moved from player to coach to entrepreneur.
- Where his love of data came from.
- How he used the skills he acquired as a tennis player to set up his own company.
- How he would use data analysis as a coach.
- The future of data in the sport of tennis.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:-
Find out more about Wingfield
A fan of Data Analysis? You might also like these episodes:-
Don´t miss an episode!
Or head over to @ctc.podcast on Instagram and hit follow. We´d love to hear from you!