Manage episode 301953522 series 2943348
Gupshup is defining the way businesses leverage conversational messaging to interact with their consumers. It is by far the market leader in its category and it recently turned a profitable unicorn with back-to-back funding rounds. This is Beerud’s 2nd startup and he earlier founded Elance, now known as Upwork, which is a public company at the heart of the global gig-economy. Beerud’s depth of experiences as a founder having built successful companies for more than 20 years is very reflective through his words of great wisdom.
Through the Episode we discuss the following:
1. (1:56) : How can founders "stay ahead of the curve" and how has Beerud done that with Elance & Gupshup?
2. (5:12) : How should founders time the market and deal with uncontrollables?
3. (10:00) : When should founders Pivot and How?
4. (13:48) : Learnings from building in the Valley through the last 20+ years!!
5. (19:46) : What is Gupshup and How has it evolved through when it first started in 2005?
6. (24:48) : What is the secret to great Enterprise Sales?
7. (28:15) : What goes behind the scenes of expanding internationally?
8. (30:27) : Learnings for Hiring & Culture!!
9. (35:15) : How does Beerud prioritise and make decisions?
10. (37:13) : Tackling the downsides of Experience ~ Intellectual Humility!
11. (40:36) : What keeps Beerud going even after 20+ years of Company Building?
12. (45:06) : What is the Steady State for a Founder?
13. (48:58) : Conclusion
Here is the 63rd Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Experience is a Virtue!
That was it from this Episode, thanks again for tuning in! :)
Do not forget to Subscribe to our WhatsApp Newsletter.
Do share the Episode with your friends if you liked the content :)
"If you never try, you never know"