Manage episode 302663399 series 2928599
This week, we’re spinning our focus back onto the craft of facilitation with a guest who I so resonate with in terms of her enthusiasm for the work we do, her passion for trying different things and of course, because she throws away those powerpoint slides!
Tricia Conyers from Island Inspirations is a change coach, learning experience designer, trainer, facilitator, meeting designer, remote work strategist and graphic recorder.
She’s passionate about navigating change, making learning experiences powerful, making conversations visual and helping others solve problems by unlocking their best thinking.
And she’s based on the island of Trinidad.
In this conversation, Tricia shares ideas around how meetings drive culture - I could not agree with this any more, how she got her start in facilitation, she share’s a facilitation fail - though in fairness, I think she was set up(!).
All her ideas and ways of working really centre around the idea that we are not in the business of designing a workshop, we are in the business of designing experiences, and our goal is to create active experiences, not passive, and you’ll get a ton of different ideas on how you can do that by tuning in.
About today’s guest: Tricia Conyers
Tricia is the founder of Island Inspirations Ltd., a visual thinking, creativity sparking, graphic facilitation company. She believes that leaders should personify showing Heart, being Human and inspiring Hope in their interactions with others.
Island Inspirations Ltd specializes in facilitation (visual, virtual and in person), graphic recording, meeting design, learning experience design and experiential workshop design. Combing the power of visuals and facilitation to create powerful learning experiences and to accelerate change.
Tricia has 25+ yrs experience in change. She designs and facilitates learning experiences (LE) based on the fundamental belief that the LE is the intervention to unleash the latent capacity and higher potential in others. For over a decade, Tricia has led and supported teams remotely.
Tricia holds a Masters of Engineering, Masters of Arts and Bachelor of Arts with Distinction from Cambridge University, England and she enjoys traveling, pilates and photography.
In this episode, you will learn
- Why it’s important to get your meetings right, given their impact on team and company culture
- What Tricia learnt when things didn’t work out in one of her sessions
- Some of the powerful questions Tricia asks to create new, impactful experiences with her groups (such as, “What can we gain from having virtual sessions?”)
- How Tricia weaves in various types of visuals into her facilitation work
- How to get your participants shifting from passive -> active participation
- Connect with Tricia Conyers on LinkedIn
- Bikablo visuals
- Tricia’s Instagram site - islandinspirationsltd
- Leanne Hughes' Work and Live Large: Continue learning from Leanne and her guests in her brand new podcast
- Subscribe so you don't miss a thing!
- Leanne is also posting weekly content on her YouTube channel.
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/leannehughes)