When Church Leaders Fight Depression – A Three-Part Series – Part 1: Why Depression Is More Common in Church Leaders Today
Manage episode 317461591 series 1601405
Mark and Thom discuss the painful issue of depression among pastors and other church staff. In many ways, it has become an epidemic and must be addressed. In this first of three podcasts, they share why depression is a growing malady among these leaders.
1. Because more church leaders are willing to admit their struggles.
2. Because social media is often toxic.
3. Because critics are more emboldened.
4. Because “victories” are more elusive.
5. Because these leaders are pouring out without anyone pouring in.
6. Because spiritual warfare is real.
- Focus on the Family Pastoral Care Line – 1-844-4-PASTOR (472-7867).
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.