Manage episode 323606265 series 1601405
There is a plethora of information about churches facing a new pace of change due to COVID. There are many conversations about attendance declines. In this episode, Kevin and Thom look at five consequences for churches that don’t get much attention. You might be surprised.
1. More leaders are leading from a posture of fear.
2. Programs and ministries aimed at transfer growth might not be as effective.
3. There is a reawakening to the need for effective discipleship ministries.
4. Home small groups have waned in many churches.
5. Different digital communication methods are growing, such as church texting.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Five Rarely Articulated Consequences of COVID for Churches appeared first on Church Answers.