【一天10分鐘 口說英語通】Do you think it’s better for you to rent or to buy a place to live in?租房好?還是買房好?找個住處容易嗎？怎麼回答比較好?
Manage episode 333086766 series 2961690
Question: How easy is it to find a place to live in your country? Do you think it’s better for you to rent or to buy a place to live in? Why?
- Is it easy or difficult to find a place to live
- To rent or buy a place?
- Give reasons and examples.
Finding a place is not so difficult. Almost anyone could find a place to live. But if you are talking about finding a decent good place at a decent price, that’s not easy. I think this is true both for renting and buying. This is a difficult question to answer. You know, buying a house is going to cost lots of money. After all, it’s everyone’s dream to own a house. But the truth is, not everyone is wealthy enough to buy properties. So, for me now, it is better to rent than to buy. Besides, renting has some benefits. For example, if you buy a house, you cannot just leave if you don’t like it. But if you rent, you can try different neighborhoods to see which one you like best. I think it is better for me to rent than to buy a living place.
👉🏻LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
- But the truth is ...
- People think they know you, but the truth is, they don't.
- I thought that I would have time. But the truth is, I was too busy.
- You all say that but the truth is, the theory and the practice are worlds apart.
👉🏻WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. difficult [ˈdɪfəkəlt] (adj.) 困難的，艱難的
2. decent [ˈdisənt] (adj.) 相當不錯的
3. rent [rɛnt] (v.) 租用；出租
4. answer [ˈænsɚ] (n.) 回答；答案
5. cost [kɔst; kɑst] (n.) 價格；費用
6. after all (phr.) 終究
7. wealthy [ˈwɛlθi] (adj.) 富有的，有錢的
8. property [ˈprɑpɚt̬i] (n.) 財產；資產
9. benefit [ˈbɛnɪfɪt] (n.) 好處；優勢
10. neighborhood [ˈnebɚhʊd] (n.) 街坊，鄰近地區
Powered by Firstory Hosting