Robots - Enhancing Our Security - Part 2
Manage episode 342456029 series 2571592
Some robots, such as surgical robots, do precision work in ways a human being can’t. Others can do tedious, repetitive tasks fast and consistently, freeing people to do more productive work. And now we have patrol robots to keep us safe.
They patrol a specified area and raise the alarm whenever they spot something suspicious. The biggest strength of such robots is that they can collect, store and analyze a lot of data as they patrol. A question that probably comes to mind when one hears of this is, does that make them better than security guards?
In this episode, the second part of two, Ed Bernardon interviews William Santana Li, Chairman and CEO of Knightscope – an advanced security technology company that makes fully autonomous security robots built to deter, detect and report. He’ll help us understand how their robots work and the impact they are making.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Does being the son of immigrants influence you in any way? (05:51)
- How did you go from working at Ford to building Knightscope? (09:00)
- How will the K7 robot be different from the robots you already have? (21:04)
- Do you think those police departments will ever hire your robots? (23:36)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The events and circumstances that inspired the creation of Knightscope (01:39)
- The different types of sensors that Knightscope’s robots have (11:19)
- What the company does to deter malicious damage to their robots (13:37)
- The different flavors of data that their robot generates (15:52)
Connect with William Santana Li:
Connect with Ed Bernardon:
- Future Car: Driving a Lifestyle Revolution
- Motorsports is speeding the way to safer urban mobility
- Siemens Digital Industries Software
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.