Manage episode 364595145 series 2961690
W: I think I am not getting used to the life in Taiwan. It’s been six months since I left U.S. and I still can’t understand…
M: What don’t you understand? Tell me.
W: I don’t understand why people in Taiwan tend to have a nap after lunch. To me, I think it is best that we start working after lunch and complete our job earlier, so that we can go home earlier, you know. We don’t have a sleeping time during working hours in the States, you know. I think having a naptime is a waste of time.
M: Well, it is a phenomenon commonly seen in Taiwan. Many Taiwanese people believe they can work and concentrate better after a short nap.
👉🏻WORDS & PHRASES
1. tend to [tɛnd] (phr.) 傾向；易於
2. nap [næp] (n.) 午睡
3. earlier [ˋɝlɪr] (adj.) 提早的
4. waste [west] (n.) 浪費
5. phenomenon [fə’nɑmə͵nɑn] (n.) 現象
6. concentrate [ˋkɑnsɛn͵tret] (v.) 專注；注意
- It is a phenomenon commonly seen in...
- 《Note》 It is a phenomenon commonly seen in Taiwan. （這是一個在台灣常見的現象。）Commonly 可以 改成同義詞 widely，或者是其他形容詞，normally、nearly、barely…等。
- It is a phenomenon commonly seen in China.
- It is a phenomenon commonly seen in France.
A: I am not used to seeing French people kissing around on the streets.
B: ________. (答案在下方唷)
《Answer Key》 It is a phenomenon commonly seen in France
Powered by Firstory Hosting