Manage episode 365169805 series 2961690
A: Why is everybody wearing so casual today?
B: Don’t you know that today is Friday? It’s Causal Friday! Don’t you have that in your country?
A: No. I mean, in the eastern society, everyone dresses formally to work every day.
B: That’s a pity! In the U.S. many companies, like our company for example, will have Causal Fridays. Employees can wear casual clothes to work on Causal Fridays.
A: But our managers didn’t put on casual clothes on Casual Fridays.
B: That’s because they are the bosses. They have to be dressed properly all the time. Just in case if they need to sign some contracts or attend some important meetings.
👉🏻 WORDS & PHRASES
1. casual [ˋkæʒuəl] (a.) 休閒的
2. Casual Friday ['kæʒuəl 'fraɪde] (n.) 輕鬆星期五
3. society [səˋsaɪətɪ] (n.) 社會
4. formal [ˋfɔrm!] (a.) 正式的
5. pity [ˋpɪtɪ] (a.) 可惜的
6. employee [͵ɛmplɔɪˋi] (n.) 員工
7. boss [bɔs] (n.) [口]老闆
- Why is everyone + V-ing ...?
- 《Note/說明》 Why is everyone wearing so casual today? 為什麼今天大家穿著這麼休閒？
- Why is everyone running?
- Why is everyone screaming?
B: Because our boss is going to raise everyone’s salary by 10%.
💯《Answer Key》 Why is everyone smiling
Powered by Firstory Hosting