Manage episode 304125903 series 2968873
Greg Adamson is the associate director in sports performance and is in his 10th season at the University of Tennessee. He’s worked with 23 different teams at Tennessee including: swimming & diving, golf, soccer, rowing and football. He’s coached Olympians from more than 10 countries as well as world-record holders, conference and national champions, and more than 100 professional athletes across nine different sports.
He previously served as strength & conditioning coach at Winthrop and Central Michigan where received his masters degree.
In this episode we are going to be talking about coaching, hinge moments, mental toughness and #Giveaship S H I P
- 3:07 Reinvention.
- 4:52 Never really got started.
- 7:08 In a world of instant success…
- 9:52 The ships and their sails.
- 14:01 “Confidence takes excuses away.”
- 19:11 Sensationalizing the wrong things.
- 21:34 Give time to miss it.
- 25:41 Exploring team culture.
- 30:34 Gratitude and the sophomore slump.
- 33:40 “Belief is a separator.”
- 36:50 Discipleship: Who are you bringing along?
- 39:26 Self-worth in spite of outcomes.
- 44:00 Building a relationship and answering “why.”
- 48:01 Wins and losses from a coaching perspective.
- 50:15 Counter-challenging society.
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell