Manage episode 287107569 series 1288763
Today we're super excited to share a featured interview with Tanya Janca of WeHackPurple!
Tanya has been in software development from the moment she was of legal age to work in Canada - beginning by working with some huge companies (Nokia/Adobe) before falling in love with application security and eventually starting a company of her own. Gh0sthax and I sat down with Tanya over Zoom to discuss:
- How to overcome your fears and present at conferences, write blog posts and even start your own company!
- How to deal with online jackwagons who troll you online at conferences
- The importance of finding a mentor and mentoring others
Also, here are a bunch of handy links and hashtags Tanya shares throughout the interview:
- Bob and Alice Learn Application Security - Tanya's book, available on Amazon
- Women of Security (WoSEC)
- We Hack Purple Podcast - weekly podcast with a diverse range of guests from all walks of infosec life
- We Hack Purple Community - "a Canadian company dedicated to helping anyone and everyone create secure software."
- Tanya's music on Spotify
- #CyberMentoringMonday - a hashtag that Tanya and other security professionals monitor to help people connect with cyber mentors
- InsiderPHd - has a safe space for bug bounty hunters to learn and collaborate
- WeAreHackerz - "You are welcome to join WeAreHackerz if you identify as a person of a marginalized gender, including but not limited to non-binary individuals, women (trans and cis), trans men, genderqueer, etc. We welcome members across all nationalities, races, religions, ages, or other characteristics that make each of us unique."
- Security in Color