Manage episode 328849865 series 2687880
Outer freedom gives you the ability to create the circumstances that you want for your life. Inner freedom allows you to enjoy your life, regardless of the circumstances.
These concepts exist in an inherent conflict with one another. When we pursue outer freedom, there’s a part of us that feels like our life could be better, and when we focus on our inner freedom, part of us celebrates the fact that life’s perfect, exactly as it is.
So, how do we address that contradiction? In today’s episode, I want to show you how to get everything you want for your life while enjoying what you already have. By the end of our time together, I hope to help you reconcile these conflicting emotions and discover why your life is perfect–regardless of your circumstances.
- Why almost everyone would prefer to improve their circumstances rather than be perfectly content with what they already have.
- Why the life you think you want won’t make you happier but will eventually lead you back to the hedonic treadmill.
- How to shift your mindset, have it all, and be at peace with life exactly as it is, even while feeling a sense of urgency to create the life you want.
- Why “Life is perfect” is one of my favorite affirmations, even in my hardest times, and how adversity serves to help us evolve.
- The power of choosing to experience inner freedom in the present while looking to be even better in the future.
Get The Full Show Notes
To get full access to today's show notes, including audio, transcript, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit HalElrod.com/430
Subscribe, Rate & Review
I would love if you could subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest rating & review. This will encourage other people to listen and allow us to grow as a community. The bigger we get as a community, the bigger the impact we can have on the world.
To subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on iTunes, visit HalElrod.com/iTunes.Connect with Hal Elrod