Manage episode 294909377 series 1369467
Some people want direction. But for those that don't, leading means helping them get where they want to go. That starts with great questions.
When you lead, you can't often push. You may know where you want to steer people, or you may want to leave that up to the individual or team. But part of coaching is bringing your expertise and certainty to the game...so how do you do that?
Questions help people uncover where they want to go. They can also help create rails - freedom with safety.
Examples of great questions:
- -What do you want?
- -Why do you want that?
- -What else might get you there?
- -What are the beliefs you have about....(x)?
- -When I say....what does that make you think of?
- -When have you seen this work? Not work?
- -What's really happening?
- -What else do I need to know?
- -What's most important to you? Why?
- -How can we get more of what we want?
- -What do you need to make that happen?