Manage episode 290189562 series 2868226
Welcome back to Barnstormer Sports! We have an exciting episode for you today. Please join us in welcoming Jackson Snelling, a recent contestant on American Idol with a remarkable and very touching story to share. At just 18-years-old, Jackson is already a role model for all ages and, while he may not have received a golden ticket, he has incredible musical talent and received numerous compliments from Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan, who saw something special in his performance. Other than hearing from Jackson, we’re talking the Masters Tournament win for Japan, our early takes on the 2021 Major League Baseball season, the standout teams in the National Hockey League playoffs and, of course, our Making Hay segment, where we talk venomous snakes, Pete Rose, and dubious Netflix ratings. Tune in today to find out more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We’re kicking it off with the Masters; how Hideki Matsuyama won the green jacket.
- Addressing the Wayne Player controversy over his opening ceremony marketing stunt.
- What Matsuyama orders at Outback Steakhouse when he is in the US: Aussie cheese fries!
- How Will Zalatoris keeps himself on the map, rising to 27th in the world rankings.
- Why Jordan Spieth is looking so happy; it’s what happens when you play good golf!
- What we have noticed early on in the MLB season, including a solid start from AL West.
- A disappointing overall performance from the Chicago Cubs that is difficult to watch.
- The value of having a true leadoff hitter in the lineup; how it has set the tone for other teams.
- Why we believe that Kris Bryant is the antithesis of the modern day athlete; do good guys finish last after all?
- How it’s looking for the Chicago White Sox, a Barnstormer preseason World Series favorite.
- Onto playoff hockey: get our take on how the Chicago Blackhawks are performing in the toughest division in hockey.
- Looking back, all of our picks for the playoffs are still pretty spot on, even our dark horses!
- It’s Jackson Snelling time; hear a brief introduction about Jackson and his amazing talent.
- Find out how old Jackson was when he learned he loved to sing and perform.
- How he discovered his passion for songwriting and more about ‘Please Listen’, the song he sang in his American Idol audition.
- One of the songs that had an impact on Jackson; ‘Remember When’ by Alan Jackson.
- Finally, with the Kentucky Derby coming up, is Bob Baffert the one to follow for horse picks?
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: