Manage episode 289552171 series 2868226
We’ve got the whole crew here today! Amtrak Ry, Tags, Nicky10Milli, Spin Doc, and MyDoggy, who is back from quarantine with a new name; you can call him Tatanka from now on. In this full house episode, we’re talking what everybody got up to during spring break before moving onto the NCAA and the Big Ten Conference. Tuning into this basketball heavy recap, you’ll hear us reflect on the Baylor Bear’s capturing their first national title, our opinions on the performance of the Michigan Wolverines, UCLA Bruins, and Gonzaga Bulldogs, as well as some incredible stats about our tourney favorite, Johnny Juzang! Then we’re not getting into politics. No, really, we’re not getting political! In fact, you’ll find out why we think politics and sport should stay separate and, finally, this week’s Making Hay, where we discuss feel good news from UFC, high school baseball, a record-breaking eight-for-eight, and how a forgotten copy of a Super Mario Bros. game fetched seven figures at auction. All this and more, including our weekly picks, so make sure not to miss this episode of Barnstormer Sports!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We kick things off with Baylor’s first national championship win, Mark Vital’s performance, and what we learned from it.
- Why it was difficult to place bets on NCAA games this year; you never know what you will get!
- A reflection on the nine out of Big Ten teams that received bids to the NCAA.
- Our take on the Michigan versus UCLA game and UCLA’s performance against Gonzaga.
- How beating UCLA previously likely drained Gonzaga in the tournament final against Baylor.
- Why we believe Johnny Juzang was the man of this tournament.
- Some interesting stats about Juzang, like shooting 58 percent against Michigan, even after rolling his ankle.
- Hear Tags’ opinion that the first time Gonzaga was tested the whole year was against UCLA.
- We weigh in on the Loyola Ramblers and their victory over Illinois in March Madness.
- Find out why we’ll be watching more Oklahoma games in 2021, thanks to Porter Moser.
- Without getting political, we discuss the Amtrak expansion plan and Biden picking up the nickname, Amtrak Joe.
- Staying distinctly not political, Tatanka laments MLB pulling the All-Star Game from Georgia.
- Making Hay: hear about Francis Ngannou demolishing Stipe Miocic with a second-round KO.
- Shifting gears to baseball, learn how Lucas Giolito, Jack Flaherty, and Max Fried from Harvard-Westlake became big leaguers.
- Hear about Yermín Mercedes’ eight-for-eight start to the season, the first time since 1900.
- For something completely off-topic; the unbelievable seven-figure Super Mario Bros. auction.
- This weeks golf picks include Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, John Rahm, Tony Finau, Brooks Koepka, Viktor Hovland, and Patrick Reed.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: