Manage episode 305478530 series 60397
Have you ever considered early American cities as places where Native Americans lived, worked, and visited?
Native Americans often visited early American cities and port towns, especially the towns and cities that dotted the Atlantic seaboard of British North America.
Colin Calloway, an award-winning historian and a Professor History and Native American Studies at Dartmouth College, joins us to investigate Native American experiences in early American cities with details from his book, “The Chiefs Now In This City": Indians and the Urban Frontier in Early America.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/314 Join Ben Franklin's World!
- Episode 029: Colin Calloway, The Victory With No Name
- Episode 132: Coll Thrush, Indigenous London
- Episode 139: Andrés Reséndez, The Other Slavery
- Episode 223: Susan Sleeper-Smith, A Native American History of the Ohio River Valley & Great Lakes Region
- Episode 264: Michael Oberg, The Treaty of Canandaigua
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App