Q&A 460: Sex & Fertility, Smart Drugs, Can Cholesterol Increase Testosterone, The Truth About "Natural Flavors", Is Nitric Oxide Bad? & Much More.
Manage episode 375105132 series 28529
- Latest study shows all of these are good for male fertility (this systematic review included 50 studies that used the following supplements as fertility interventions): vitamin E, vitamin C, carnitines, coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), N-acetylcysteine (NAC), zinc, folic acid, selenium, and lycopene: Antioxidant Supplementation on Male Fertility-A Systematic Review...05:32
- Wine for better sex? Interesting: This review aimed to evaluate the effects of moderate consumption of red wine on erectile function. Study databases were searched to retrieve the most relevant research, and evidence collected that shows that red wine, consumed in moderation, can be beneficial for patients with erectile dysfunction and positively influence reproductive function through mechanisms of vasorelaxant properties of red wine and its antioxidants: Red Wine and Sexual Function in Men: An Original Point of View ...13:07
- Contrary to popular belief, having high cholesterol levels across the board is not correlated positively with higher testosterone levels. In fact, only HDL is, LDL/triglyceride/total cholesterol appears to be inversely correlated: The relationship between endogenous testosterone and lipid profile in middle-aged and elderly Chinese men...21:49
- Great comprehensive article on some of the best nootropics (translated: “mind directors” and their mechanism of action): Cognitive Impairment and Nootropic Drugs: Mechanism of Action and Spectrum of Effects - anybody take any of these, and if so, what’s your experience been like?...30:40
- What's up with "Natural Flavors" used in the ingredients list...42:34
- Can you comment on nitric oxide production from red light therapy, now we are hearing that stimulating nitric oxide production could be more harmful than helpful?...58:55
For the full show notes, visit: https://bengreenfieldlife.com/460
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.