Manage episode 303767818 series 1401633
At first glance, the New Testament can seem wildly different from the Old Testament––but is it? Jesus saw himself as the fulfillment of the Hebrew Scriptures and the climax of the story that began thousands of years before his birth. In this episode, join Tim, Jon, and Carissa as they explore the unity of the New Testament and the intricate yet consistent storyline of the Bible.
- Part one (00:00-10:40)
- Part two (10:40-23:30)
- Part three (23:30-34:50)
- Part four (34:50-End)
- The Canon of the New Testament: Its Origin, Development, and Significance, Bruce M. Metzger
- The Question of Canon: Challenging the Status Quo in the New Testament Debate, Michael J. Kruger
- All Things New: Revelation As Canonical Capstone, Brian J. Tabb
- The Oxford Handbook of Christology
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Day One” by Deric Torres
- “Day Two” by Deric Torres
- “Temple Garden” by BVG
Show produced by Cooper Peltz, Dan Gummel, and Zach McKinley. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.