Manage episode 300530339 series 1401633
A stubborn prophet, a wicked nation, a giant fish––the story of Jonah is frequently translated into the popular imagination through TV and movies. But what is it really about? In this episode, learn from Tim about where Jonah fits into the story of the Bible that ultimately points to Jesus. This is a sneak peek into our free graduate-level course on Jonah which will be featured in the new Classroom resource available in 2022.
- Part one (0:00-18:05)
- Part two (18:05-28:30)
- Part three (28:30-37:00)
- Part four (37:00-44:30)
- Part five (44:30-end)
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- Jonah class session notes, including the handout “How to Read a Text Like the Hebrew Bible” (page 5)
- Jonah: A Literal-Literary Translation, Tim Mackie
- Classroom Application
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Keep an Open Mind” by Olive Musique
Show produced by Cooper Peltz, Dan Gummel, and Zach McKinley. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.