Manage episode 325904661 series 1401633
Mount Sinai is the famous spot where Yahweh gives Moses the ten commandments—and the location where most of Exodus, all of Leviticus, and the first ten chapters of Numbers take place. When Israel first arrives at Sinai, they fail yet another test and try to get Moses to pass it for them. In this episode, join Tim and Jon as they explore Yahweh’s fiery presence, the test at Sinai, and the question of Israel’s national identity: will they be the kingdom of priests Yahweh intends?
- Part one (00:00-11:30)
- Part two (11:30-21:30)
- Part three (21:30-43:00)
- Part four (43:00-1:02:37)
- The Pentateuch as Narrative: A Biblical-Theological Commentary, John H. Sailhamer
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Intermission” by Sam Stewart
- “That Happy Scene in Stranger Things” by Sam Stewart
- “Unidentified Lights” by Sam Stewart
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Frank Garza. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.