Manage episode 297267317 series 1401633
Are Genesis 1 and 2 literal? What’s up with the differing timelines in those chapters? Where are the dinosaurs in the Bible? How do you know what ancient Hebrew words really meant? In this episode, Tim and Jon tackle your questions from the Ancient Cosmology series. Thanks to our audience for all your incredible questions!
- How Can You Know the Correct Meaning of Ancient Words? (5:52 - 12:06)
- Can You Understand the Bible Without Other Resources? (12:06 - 21:04)
- What Is the Purpose of Creation in Genesis 1-2? (21:04 - 28:45)
- Are Genesis 1 and 2 Literal? (28:45 - 42:14)
- Where Are Dinosaurs in the Bible? (42:14 - 49:24)
- How Did Other Biblical Authors Interpret Genesis 1 and 2? (49:24 - 55:30)
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- John H. Walton, The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate
- John H. Walton, The Lost World of Adam and Eve: Genesis 2-3 and the Human Origins Debate
- Robin A. Parry, The Biblical Cosmos: A Pilgrim's Guide to the Weird and Wonderful World of the Bible
- Alister McGrath (multiple works on the intersection of Christian and scientific cosmology)
- John Polkinghorne (multiple works on the intersection of Christian and scientific cosmology)
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
Show produced by Dan Gummel, Zach McKinley, and Cooper Peltz. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.