Manage episode 328557745 series 1401633
In the second movement of Exodus, Moses walks straight into God’s fiery presence on Mount Sinai without fear. But by the end of the scroll, he can’t enter God’s presence. What changed? Right after confirming their covenant with Yahweh, Israel turns around and commits idolatry by making and worshiping a golden calf. It’s a choice that ruptures their relationship with Yahweh and even their connection to Moses. In this episode, join Jon and Tim as they explore the final portion of the third movement of Exodus.
- Part one (00:00-12:00)
- Part two (12:00-28:45)
- Part three (28:45-51:42)
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “An Open Letter to Whoever’s Listening” by Beautiful Eulogy
- “Hello From Portland” by Beautiful Eulogy
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Frank Garza. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.