Manage episode 301841097 series 1993435
What if you discovered that someone other than yourself was making money off of our creative content? What if a big brand was using your music as part of a marketing campaign without your knowledge? What could you do about it? You can't have value to your copyright if you don’t assign value to it.
Technically, all things online are governed by the Digital Millennium Copyright, but that act was written back in 1998, and things have changed a great deal since then. Ad Rev came along in 2011 to help people with their YouTube content ID and work to make sure that you, as the content owner, claim and receive what is due to you.
Noah Becker, who is the founder and President of AdRev, walks us thru what it takes to ensure that your music is protected on such social platforms as YouTube. We talk about how content ID/monetization works and why it is important to ensure a content ID.
AdRev is celebrating its 10th anniversary in the music industry, with over 100 million subscribers in-network and having paid $250 million in revenue to rights owners.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2021 Lotta Dogs Productions LLC
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Audio/Video Editor Mark Sabella Midnight Express Studio Olian, NY
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Executive Assistant to Bob and Tom (the one who keeps us on track and our schedules straight) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old Airstream Trailer on Music Row in Nashville, TN (cause that’s about all that’s left these days)
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Donelson, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to Tom Sabella and Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.