Manage episode 296349023 series 1531211
This podcast episode highlights the top reasons for patient recruitment failure in clinical trials from an investigator perspective.
The podcast episode will help you understand how Sponsor and CRO personnel including software vendors can best support investigators meet or exceed their patient recruitment.
The goal is to bring more awareness on how to prevent patient recruitment failure and complete enrollment as planned.
- Initial funding insufficient to reimburse recruiting staff/sites
- Context-specific logistic obstacles (e.g., urgent transfers from intensive care, different treatment availabilities at different centers or on weekends)
- Lack of methodological/logistical support (e.g., from contract research organization or clinical trial unit)
- Prejudice against effectiveness of trial interventions
- New evidence from other study about effectiveness of trial interventions
- Administrative burden/time constraints
- Lack of eligible participants - Overestimated prevalence (mostly reported as overly narrow eligibility criteria)
- Concurrent competing trials
- High burden (e.g., many visits, invasive procedure, questionnaires, costs)
To learn more and get detailed show notes, visit clinicaltrialpodcast.com
Podcast Sponsor: This episode is brought to you by Florence Healthcare.