21 - João Dias: Making a Living on the Play Store, Tasker, Working around OS Permissions, App Stalkers & more!
Manage episode 275463420 series 2782171
Today's guest is João Dias - developer behind legendary Android automation app Tasker.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why he started developing apps
- Quitting his job to earn a living as a full time independent developer
- App monetization models
- Deciding which features to build
- The mess that is the Android permissions system
- Working around OS restrictions
- Dealing with negative reviews
- Advice to aspiring developers on marketing their apps
- and much much more!
🔎 Resources discussed in the show
🤙🏽 Get in touch
You can find your host, Rob J, on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & at robj.me.
You can also connect with like minded listeners on the community Slack.
💛 Leave a review
If you're enjoying the show & want to support us head over to Apple Podcasts or Podchaser & leave us a review!
You can find the show notes for this episode here.
Maccary Bay by Kevin MacLeod