Manage episode 282165017 series 2544215
A while back when I was promoting People Powered, I was invited to go on a podcast all about consulting. As a consultant, it is rare that I get an opportunity to be interviewed about the business itself as opposed to the focus and subject of my work. Little did I know I would be interviewed by a consulting mastermind.
Michael Zipursky runs Consulting Success and provides a range of services that help consultants run successful, profitable businesses. Outside of our interview, we became friends and I have learned a huge amount from Michael about what he has learned from working with hundreds of consultants. He has a great resource on How To Start a Consulting Business that I recommend.
As such, I was thrilled that he was open to joining me on Conversations With Bacon.
We get into a lot of really interesting discussion and topics, which include:
- How much experience is needed to be a consultant
- How to find clients and business more effectively
- The role of media and publicity in growing a consulting business
- How to approach adversity and challenges, especially when a solo consultant
- How to balance being an expert and being a good listener
- How to structure what your value proposition is and what mistakes people commonly make
- …and much more…
Be sure to give this discussion a listen!
Communities are changing the way we do business. Discover a concrete framework for building powerful, productive communities and integrating them into your business. My new book, ‘People Powered: How communities can supercharge your business, brand, and teams’, is out now, available in Audible, Hardcover, and Kindle formats.
As usual, thank you to the fantastic Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for mixing the show!