Manage episode 266563182 series 2648840
Ben does another deep dive into the numbers, looking at where certain states are now and comparing them to the first spike in April to look at a possible timeline for fatalities.
A long look at how to reopen schools, what the risk of transmission among and from children is, and recommendations for how to reopen.
World news focusing on Britain’s easing of lockdown and Australian state Victoria reinstituting restrictions.
Articles and studies cited on the show
- School openings across globe suggest ways to keep coronavirus at bay, despite outbreaks
- Doctors race to understand rare inflammatory condition associated with coronavirus in young people
- THE MISSING LINK? CHILDREN AND TRANSMISSION OF SARS-COV-2
- Cluster of COVID-19 in northern France: A retrospective closed cohort study
- SARS-CoV-2 infection in primary schools in northern France: A retrospective cohort study in an area of high transmission
- Should schools reopen? Kids’ role in pandemic still a mystery
- United Airlines Says 36,000 Jobs at Risk Once U.S. Aid Ends
- The UK's new lockdown guidelines (and local lockdowns) explained
- COVID-19 strain in Beijing outbreak may have come from Southeast Asia: Harvard study
- Melbourne to reimpose six-week lockdown as Australia battles coronavirus outbreak
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.