Manage episode 300831327 series 2499016
Welcome to another episode of the Digital Nomad Cafe Podcast. If this is your first time joining then, welcome. This podcast is for digital entrepreneurs carving out their slice of the online economy. To download my free guide on starting a business online, head over to digitalnomadcafe.com/start.
Today's guest is Sondre Rasch, co-founder, and CEO of SafetyWing. Sondre was previously the founder of SuperSlide (YC W16) and policy advisor for the Government of Norway. He spent his time in the government improving the social safety net there and now spends his time bringing the ideal social safety net to the rest of the world. SafetyWing offers travel, medical, and health insurance to nomads and remote companies around the world. Sondre and his team are innovators in the digital nomad space, offering global insurance to remote workers.
Topics we discuss:
- How Safetywing got started?
- What strategies did Sondre use to grow his business?
- How Sondre operates his business with fully remote and distributed teamwork.
- How Sondre kept his teamwork motivated and inspired by the vision of the business during covid.
- What is the meaning of "the global social safety net."
- How Safetywing works on a global scale?
- We talk about his new product: Remote Health.
- What does a country on the internet mean?
- What does Sondre think is valuable information for somebody who wants to land a remote job?
Thank you for joining us in today’s episode. Make sure to subscribe to the podcast and give us a Review on iTunes & a Follow on Spotify. Digitalnomadcafe.com for more episodes.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.