Manage episode 291843913 series 2085705
Picking routes for a new airline is a major challenge, with significant unknowns. Unless you just take an existing airline and copy its core operating plan. That’s what Connect Airlines appears to have in mind for an October 2021 launch, shadowing the Porter Air transborder model.
Also in this episode:
- JetBlue‘s new A321LR economy class product details are out, including a funky meal service approach
- Avelo has a new route map based in Burbank
- LATAM is dumping its A350s
- Radisson Rewards is “enhancing” the program by splitting it geographically
- Flight load planning software matters a lot, and when “Miss” gets flagged as a child rather than an adult bad things can happen
- Air Canada got a bailout from the government, conditional on delivering cash refunds to customers
- Australia-NZ quarantine-free bubble launches
For our Patreon subscribers we have bonus content, including:
- New Airbus visitors center at Finkenwerder
- Kayak launching its own hotel in Miami Beach
And plenty more. Enjoy the show!