Manage episode 326854616 series 1102186
If you're reading this then there's a decent chance that at some point in your childhood or early adulthood you sat down on a Friday night and enjoyed the feast of mechanical violence that was Robot Wars. For older Millennials and young Gen Xers watching this show went hand in hand with being a Red Dwarf fan, not least because the host was, from series 2 onwards, Craig Charles himself. And it's for that reason Robot Wars qualifies for our series of 'Dwarf-adjacent' commentaries as we seize with both hands the opportunity to talk at length about a show very dear to our hearts for... quite a long time.
- Christopher Wickham's Ludicrously Niche blog posts on Robot Wars.
- Robot Wars Series 1 trailer, featuring Norman Lovett.
- Cheesoid hate self. Cheesoid kill self.
- Yes, there was a Robot Wars Celebrity Special in which Vic Reeves operated Diotoir, and yes it's on YouTube.
- Ant from Behemoth has a little strop.
- That time Jeremy Clarkson was nearly decapitated.
- Craig's other '90s technology-based game show gets the G&TV treatment.
- Every Craig Charles outro poem, Part 1.
- Aaaaaand, here's Part 2.