Manage episode 330487925 series 1652309
MetaMask is the de-facto standard self-custodial wallet for Ethereum. It started off as a web browser extension on chromium. More recently, it also launched a mobile app. MetaMask allows you to interact with decentralized applications (dapps) natively.
We were joined by Dan Finlay, Founder & Group Manager at MetaMask, to chat about the motivation for building MetaMask, the security of the platform, decentralization, the future of seed phrases and much more!
Topics covered in this episode:
- Dan's background and how he got into the space
- The journey of creating MetaMask Consensys
- Why this was built as a browser extension
- MetaMask mobile: What’s the scope? How do people use it?
- Number of MetaMask accounts, funds stored in MetaMask wallets and some use cases
- Security on the platform
- The future of seed phrases
- How thinking has shifted from smart wallers to EoA's with enhanced capabilities
- What is MetaMask Snaps?
- When will we see the MetaMask token?
- CowSwap: CowSwap is a Meta-Dex Aggregator built by Gnosis. It taps into all on-chain liquidity - including other dex aggregators such as Paraswap, 1inch and Matcha - offering the best prices on all trades. It provides some UX perks (no gas costs for failed transactions!) and protects traders against MEV. - https://epicenter.rocks/cowswap
- Steakwallet: Steakwallet is your new favorite multi-chain, mobile wallet. Tired of having a different wallet for every chain? Get Steakwallet today and get the power of Web 3 across all chains right at your fingertips: https://steakwallet.fi/ -
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst & Felix Lutsch. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/446"