Manage episode 294937678 series 2928599
Is it possible to test the emotional temperature of your virtual/workshop group? Today’s guest share her ideas, and fun ways of reinvigorating her virtual sessions. She’s an absolute rockstar and I cant wait to share her facilitation story and experiences on today’s episode.
I met Nikki Bush when I was lucky enough to present a workshop for the Professional Speakers Association of South Africa (Jo’burg Chapter) a couple of months ago. We got along so well (thanks for the intro, Yoke!). I love Nikki's enthusiasm, resilience, presence, wisdom and her energy which you’ll pick up in today’s episode for sure.
About today’s guest: Nikki Bush
Human Potential and Parenting Expert, Nikki Bush from https://nikkibush.com/ empowers individuals, families and teams in business and education to win at work, home and life. She has the knack of putting difficult, complex and sensitive topics on the table (ones we often prefer to avoid), and making them accessible, such as disruption, future-proofing, dealing with loss and adversity, team dynamics, self-leadership, parenting and more.
Nikki’s book on disruption, Future-proof Yourself (Penguin Random House) hits the shelves in July 2021.
(Comment from Leanne - I have a version of this book and the actionable tips across all aspects of work and life are spot on!)
Nikki has also has co-authored four best-selling parenting books with major publishers, including, Future-proof Your Child for the 2020s and Beyond, Tech-Savvy Parenting and Easy Answers to Awkward Questions . She has fielded almost 3 000 media interviews in the past 15 years. You may have seen or heard her on her weekly slots on Radio 702 and SABC3’s Expresso among many others.
Nikki always speaks with energy, passion, self-deprecating humour and a disarming honesty and vulnerability. She packs a powerful sound bite whether from the stage or the 18 different virtual conferencing platforms she has experience with. Your audience will be left with valuable insights and practical solutions to help them to win at work and life.
Nikki is a founding member of the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa (PSASA), holds the international Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, and was inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame in 2019 – the first woman in South Africa to ever receive it. She was the 2020/21 President of the Johannesburg Chapter of the PSASA.
In this episode you will learn how to:
- Use the drivers of human nature to enhance your workshop experiences
- Detect the emotional temperature of your audience, even when you’re in a virtual workshop
- Boost the interactivity with your audience
- Increase your profile, to appear in media outlets (without using a PR agency)
Here are some questions I asked Nikki during the conversation:
- Can you tell us the story of how you got here and where you started from?
- You talk about getting set up for remote work, you mention that one time you’re in a call, a parrot escaped and landed on your head. Talk us through that, how did you recover? Did you embrace it? What did you do next?
- What’s your advice to our listeners to create that engagement?
Resources mentioned in th
- Leanne Hughes' Work and Live Large: Continue learning from Leanne and her guests in her brand new podcast
- Subscribe so you don't miss a thing!
- Leanne is also posting weekly content on her YouTube channel.
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/leannehughes)