Manage episode 303255643 series 2928599
When I dropped out of corporate life three years ago, I remember trying to write social media posts, emails, even website copy and I couldn’t break out of that “be professional” way of doing things.
As a result, my messages came across very vanilla and didn’t really attract anyone (let alone my dream clients!).
I’m honestly still trying to break that mindset, that balance between being myself, showing up authentically, and being confident that by doing that, I’ll attract the right people.
That’s the conversation I have with today’s guest, Jeffrey Shaw, author of The Self Employed Life.
Jeffrey shares wonderful perspectives on our facilitation business messaging (like “Don’t worry about repeating yourself!"), how he gets into state to deliver his sessions, and he also shares his perspective on why the work that we do as facilitators does take its toll on our energy levels.
Speaking of energy, Jeffrey shares a cool tip on how you can boost your productivity by setting different environments, for different tasks.
He’s a legend in the self-employment game and I’m so delighted to share our conversation with all of you today.
About our guest: Jeffrey Shaw
As a speaker and small business coach, Jeffrey Shaw helps self-employed and small business owners gain control of their business in what seems like otherwise uncontrollable circumstances.
Drawing on his experience as a renowned portrait photographer, Jeffrey shows business owners how to see business through a different lens and strategies to compose the often-chaotic pieces of life and business into sustainable success.
In this episode your will learn:
- How Jeffrey designs his workshop experiences around 7 fundamental shifts he’d like to create for his participants
- How to consider your facilitation business messaging, using the analogy of stakes (big stake, little stake)
- How to think about writing your email broadcasts in a way, that doesn’t feel inauthentic
- Jeffrey’s productivity hack using different work environments around your house
- How Jeffrey gets into the right energy before he jumps onto stage / in the virtual workshop room
- The responsibility you have on your shoulders as the workshop facilitator
- A very cool activity called the “Up it” activity you can use to dream big!
- Leanne Hughes' Work and Live Large: Continue learning from Leanne and her guests in her brand new podcast
- Subscribe so you don't miss a thing!
- Leanne is also posting weekly content on her YouTube channel.
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/leannehughes)