Manage episode 266184377 series 1635850
Sam and Ryan talk about adding an authenticated backend to miragejs.com using Hasura, Heroku and Netlify. They also talk about the differences in risk between using paid third-party services vs. depending on open-source libraries.
- 3:47 – Adding a backend to miragejs.com
- 13:03 – Environment variables in frontend apps
- 20:48 – Adding privileges to the anonymous role
- 28:00 – Should Hasura let you configure permissions for unauthenticated requests?
- 31:36 – Setting up a webhook using Netlify cloud function
- 37:19 – Risk profile of paid services vs. OSS libraries