Manage episode 260439483 series 1635850
Sam and Ryan try to unpack the meaning of JAMstack. They discuss the constraints of the architecture, why it's confusing to think of it as an application stack, the implications it has for app cachability, and whether the Twelve Factor App that Heroku introduced in the Rails-dominated era of web development might be a better way to think about this new paradigm.
- 0:00 – Building Optimistic UIs
- 13:45 – Immutable assets vs. mutable HTML
- 36:05 – JAMstack, Twelve Factor Apps, and leveraging CDNs
- [Sam's Free Egghead Collection: Create an Optimistic UI in React with SWR](https://egghead.io/lessons/react-optimistically-update-swr-s-cache-with-client-side-data?pl=create-an-optimistic-ui-in-react-with-swr-1024)
- [SWR on GitHub](https://github.com/zeit/swr)
- [The Twelve Factor App](https://12factor.net/)