EP 019: Part II - The Top 10 Lessons They Didn't Teach You in School w/ Robert Sereci, Medinah Country Club
Manage episode 231614648 series 2430539
In this episode, we’re back with part two of our conversation with the GM/COO at Medinah Country Club, Robert Sereci. Robert has profiled his “Top 10 Lessons They Didn’t Teach You in School” and in part one we covered 1-5. In lessons 6-10, we continue to discuss these critical success skills that can make or break your career.
We get into the difference between coaching and mentoring, and why you need to stop just being a coach, as well as how putting the success of others first will put you on the path to success.
If you haven’t done it yet, follow Robert on LinkedIn where he’s taken the time to write many pieces and articles that will benefit anyone working in the club industry, whether you’re on the golf side or food and beverage.
"The 10 Lessons They Didn’t Teach You in School" by Robert Sereci
- The difference between passion and purpose.
- You don’t know what you don’t know
- Understand that your success is determined by others.
- How to manage and lead in a world of grey
- Understand how your club keeps score
- Understand that your success is determined by others
- Your technical skills will become less important as you climb the ladder
- Stop Coaching and start mentoring
- Your club governance model is more important then you realize
- It’s not about you. It never was.
Episode 019 is brought to you by Golf Genius Software and their new product "Golf Shop". To learn more, go to www.golfgenius.com.