Manage episode 307691592 series 2289341
God is glorified when Christians are wholly committed to serving Him.
Key Verse: “And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the river or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15
1. You appreciate what you have (Joshua 24:13)
- Ephesians 1:7 - In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
- Deuteronomy 4:9 - Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren,
- 1 Timothy 6:6 - Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
2. You forsake idols around you (Joshua 24:14)
- 1 Thessalonians 1:9 - For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
- Romans 12:1-2 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3. You serve God as he deserves (Joshua 24:15)