Manage episode 327352699 series 1743604
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These three are an often overlooked yet crucial component in any company or organization. That is why Arthur Woods created Mathison, the first tech platform offering tools for companies to increase, measure, and manage Diversity, Equity, or Inclusion in a whopping 12 different dimensions. With the likes of Accenture, 23andMe, TripAdvisor, and many more companies using their product, the path to a more inclusive and diverse workforce is hopefully getting clearer with the help of Mathison.
Driven by his own experience of not feeling safe in his workplace, Arthur founded Mathison with the goal of helping employees feel included, safe, and empowered. In this episode, Arthur shares his entrepreneurial journey, the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens, and how he powers through, including a neat tip on how to end everyday on a good note and his perspective as both an experienced founder and investor. Listen to this episode to find out more.
Arthur’s key lessons and quotes from this episode were:
- “That sense of urgency and that sense of rush and impatience as entrepreneurs is sometimes really a strength, and other times, you have to eat your own medicine in terms of knowing when to slow down.” (24:29)
- “As entrepreneurs, we're constantly charting a new path. We're going into territory no one's explored before. And by the nature of doing that, we're making progress.” (28:02)
- “Even in the days where it feels like we're going three steps forward and four steps backward, those three steps, we still need to celebrate.” (30:27)
In this episode, we also talked about:
- A rundown on DEI in the workplace (6:02)
- Arthur’s advice for founders hoping to build a culture of DEI in their company (17:15)
- The most painful lesson Arthur learned (24:12)
- The role of investors in promoting DEI (35:25)