Manage episode 295816315 series 2943348
In this Episode I speak with Sairee Chahal, Founder and CEO of SHEROES.
SHEROES is a women-only social platform, a safe, trusted, high-empathy and constructive space, powered by communities, a chat-based helpline, resources, opportunities and conversations. With more than 20 Million Registered Users, and 2000 Communities & Brands, Women’s internet! Sairee is a maverick in the Ecosystem. Having been an entrepreneur for almost 20 years now, she has seen it all.
Sairee is extremely passionate about the cause and has been working towards t it since the better part of the last decade. From dreams of becoming a Russian Professor, Sairee started Consulting, and soon after experimented with a Landing Page called FlexiMoms, an avenue through which Mothers could get back to working. This gradually became bigger and SHEROES was born in 2014. Sairee has always been ahead of her time and her bet on technology & Remote work is a decade old. Goes to show the visionary nature of hers, which is only one of her traits, which will leave you spellbound.
SHEROES is built by Sairee with a lot of care, conviction, passion and vision. The perseverance is spectacular and the purpose-led vision is inspirational. Women’s inclusion is a serious issue, and I am so glad Sairee is building an Institution working towards bridging this gap. I loved my conversation with Sairee and I hope you do too!
Through the Episode we discuss the following:
1. (3:43) - Addressing the Problem Statement of SHEROES - Women Inclusion in India
2. (10:02) - The gap of Women in the Indian Startup Ecosystem
3. (15:07) - Sairee's Entry into the Ecosystem and Finding the Entrepreneur in Her
4. (20:57) - Introduction to FlexiMoms (Sairee's 2nd venture to create opportunities for Mothers to get back in the workspace)
5. (25:12) - Cues to Launch's (Frugal - Fast - Constantly) - Inculcating the Lab Culture
6. (33:32) - What drives Acquisitions for SHEROES?
7. (39:06) - Working with Great Brands & having the Right Mentors
8. (45:05) - Establishing Trust & Community (Givers v/s Takers)
9. (49:25) - Sairee's Founder Persona
10. (52:04) - Higher Purpose to Starting Up
11. (54:02) - Parting thoughts by Sairee (Showing Up Matters)
Let's dive in to the 24th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Starting Up with Purpose, with Sairee Chahal of Sheroes.