Manage episode 295816308 series 2943348
MX Player has an overall user-base of over 350 Million Monthly Active Users across the international Market. It's short form video offering, MX Taka Tak leads the market with over 100 Mn MAUs, and its OTT platform provides unique value to a large part of the Indian Market, which is still not completely penetrated.
Karan is a Stanford Alum, who has ingrained interest in Entrepreneurship and Media. He has elucidated his interest over the years by working on multiple projects in the space until he landed here at MX to fuel its growth as an Entertainment Giant hailing from India.
Through the Episode we discuss:
1. (3:56) - Innovation in the Media & Content Industry
2. (7:27) - India's evolution in the OTT Market
3. (11:18) - Karan's inclination towards Entrepreneurship & Media
4. (13:57) - Leveraging Distribution in terms of Expansion
5. (19:10) - Speed v/s Analysis in Product Expansion
6. (22:46) - Understanding the Method to the Madness at MX (Velocity of Decision Making)
7. (25:41) - Looking at Content in OTT through the lens of MX
8. (31:02) - Penetrating the International Market
9. (33:36) - Advertising Model v/s Subscription Model in Media
10. (36:37) - Internalising & Believing in Consumer is the King
11. (39:46) - Understanding SCALE & SPEED
12. (43:40) - Karan's Leader Persona
13. (46:35) - Prioritisation as a Leader
14. (49:08) - Belief Systems Matter || Going back to the Why!
15. (52:05) - Parting thoughts & learnings || Resilience & Optimism
16. (54:00) - Summary
Here is the 31st Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Going Back to the "Why" !
"If you never try, you never know"