Manage episode 302156059 series 2943348
Razorpay is one of India’s most successful FinTech Startups, providing a full-stack solution to businesses to accept, process and disburse payments. Founded in 2014 by Shashank Kumar & Harshil Mathur, Razorpay has come a long way in leading the financial services market in India and is backed by some of the most marquee investors across the globe including Y-Combinator, Matrix Partners, Sequoia Capita, Ribbit Capital, and Tiger Global Management.
Through the Episode we discuss the following:
1. (1:57) : What does "Utilising your complete potential" mean?
2. (6:18) : What is the Importance of Market & How to deliberately go after Large Markets?
3. (12:43) : Early Days of building Conviction with Razorpay!
4. (16:45) : Shaping the Culture of Razorpay & building a long term Org
5. (19:45) : How do you find the right team members early on?
6. (22:51) : Maintaining the Principle of Staying Focused & Saying No!
7. (27:35) : "I do not trust an Entrepreneur who cannot tell a good story" ~ Why is storytelling important for Founders?
8. (32:58) : "What you do not know, you learn" ~ How can Founders leverage the skill of Learnability?
9. (37:14) : Building Networks ~ Creating Serendipity!
10. (41:19) : How has Shashank evolved from Leaving Microsoft, Starting Razorpay and building a 3Bn+ Org, which is only just getting started!?
11. (45:05) : Diving deeper into Shashank's love for Building!
12. (48:26) : Conclusion
Here is the 64th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - Make Something People Want!
That was it from this Episode, thanks again for tuning in! :)
Do not forget to Subscribe to our WhatsApp Newsletter.
Do share the Episode with your friends if you liked the content :)
"If you never try, you never know"