Manage episode 374651672 series 2879179
In Episode 62 of the Investing in Impact podcast, Causeartist contributor, Rafael Aldon, speaks with Jessica Burley, Investor at Planet A Ventures, on investing in early-stage startups that are developing climate change solutions.
Jessica Burley is an investor at Planet A Ventures, a venture capital firm that invests in climate tech startups. She holds a Politics degree from Cambridge University and has a background in climate finance and sustainable development. Prior to joining Planet A, she worked as an analyst at a climate VC firm and as a researcher for the United Nations.
What is Planet A Ventures?
Planet A Ventures is a venture capital firm that invests in climate tech startups. The firm was founded in 2022 and has raised €160 million for its first fund, which it plans to invest in early-stage startups that are developing solutions to climate change.
Planet A's Investment Thesis
Planet A invests in climate tech startups that are working to decarbonize the economy. The firm's investment thesis is based on the following pillars:
- Science-based targets: Planet A only invests in startups that have set ambitious science-based targets to reduce their emissions.
- Impact: Planet A measures the impact of its investments on the environment.
- Diversity: Planet A is committed to investing in a diverse set of startups, including those founded by women and people of color.
Some of the Companies in Planet A's Portfolio
Some of the companies in Planet A's portfolio include:
- Carbon Re: Carbon Re is a company that uses artificial intelligence to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- Makersite: Makersite is a company that helps companies manage their product supply chains in a sustainable way.
- one.five: one.five is a company that makes circular biomaterials that can replace single-use plastics.
Planet A Ventures is a leading venture capital firm that is investing in climate tech startups. The firm's mission is to accelerate the transition to a sustainable economy. Fridtjof Detzner and the team at Planet A are passionate about making a positive impact on the planet, and they are committed to investing in the next generation of climate tech innovators.
If you are a startup that is developing solutions to climate change, I encourage you to reach out to Planet A Ventures. The firm is always looking for new investment opportunities.