Digital Guardians At The Gate: Job Hunting In 2021 With Christina Stokes | Your Everyday Cyber With Limor Kessem And Diana Kelley
Manage episode 291834347 series 1535672
If you’re looking for your next job, chances are you’re interacting with AI-powered ATS (applicant tracking system) at some point in the process. Former technical recruiter Christina Stokes explains.
One of the biggest frustrations is the online job submission platforms. ATS is so pervasive that a recent study indicated 99% of Fortune 500 companies are using one for hiring. Tune into this episode to hear Christina Stokes, former technical recruiter explain everything you need to know about what an ATS is and how to re-do your resume to go from reject to accept.
- Why companies use ATS
- How ATS automates the sorting process for companies
- If bots rejecting your resume without human intervention
- When MBA isn’t the same as M.B.A. or Masters of Business Administration
- Why cool formatting may not be a good idea
- If cover letters still matter and if so how to write one that will help you get the job
- What you can do to check your resume for ATS matching before submitting
Christina Stokes, former technical recruiter, M.S. Cybersecurity 2018 | MBA 2021, University of Maryland Global Campus
On Linkedin 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/xtinastx/
Everything you need to know about ATS and how to "beat the bots”: https://blogs.chapman.edu/career/2021/02/12/what-is-the-applicant-tracking-system-ats/
This Episode’s Sponsors
If you’d like to sponsor this or any other podcast episode on ITSPmagazine, you can learn more here: https://www.itspmagazine.com/podcast-series-sponsorships
For more podcast stories from Your Everyday Cyber With Limor Kessem and Diana Kelley: https://www.itspmagazine.com/your-everyday-cyber-podcast
Are you interested in sponsoring an ITSPmagazine Channel?