Manage episode 290956191 series 1535672
In this episode we talk with automation guru Rich Schnitzel.
Before any discussion of automation at all, we first talked at length about how to communicate. That's the key to any successful automation project.
- why to simplify in order to make the most impact
- what the most important thing that we can build is
- how to use "but why?" as the superpower in simplifying communication
- why ego sometimes gets in the way of effective communication
- why good leadership starts with encouraging people to interrupt you, how to frame it around "Im fallible," then remind people of this constantly, and then celebrate it when someone does
- what makes a successful automation project: improved efficiency, and improved efficacy (and why improved efficacy is highly subjective)
- how "task saturation" impedes performance
- why artificial intelligence and machine learning are not automation, and are not even the solution to most problems (instead, they're a cog in the machine)
Richard Schnitzel, Founder/President at Bow Tie Bots
This Episode’s Sponsors
If you’d like to sponsor this or any other podcast episode on ITSPmagazine, you can learn more here: https://www.itspmagazine.com/podcast-series-sponsorships
For more podcast stories from Tech Done Different With Ted Harrington: https://www.itspmagazine.com/tech-done-different-podcast
Are you interested in sponsoring an ITSPmagazine Channel?
Learn more about Rich at https://richardschnitzel.com/