Manage episode 287012276 series 2891893
由Player FM以及我们的用户群所搜索的David Guttman — 版权由出版商所拥有，而不是Player FM，音频直接从出版商的伺服器串流. 点击订阅按钮以查看Player FM更新，或粘贴收取点链接到其他播客应用程序里。
- How understanding the context of the tools you learn can help overcome imposter syndrome.
- Ben discusses a healthy view of what a true junior dev is.
- Positive and negative patterns of entry level developers.
- What people consider before hiring junior engineers.
- Advice to Junior Devs who are interviewing currently.
- Important aspects to consider when developing your software career.
- “Go deep in what you do know and understand it, and go shallow in a few other things to get context and get ideas.” - BW
- “Principles over tools” -BW
- “You actually do have to have a bunch of buzzwords on your resume to get to a human.” - BW
- “The person who is going to struggle more is focused on the specifics of the language API to the exclusion of all else.” - BW
- “Remember that you will never know even close to what there is to know in software development.” - BW
- ”[ Junior Developers ] DO have the ability to make and do things that can make people’s lives better.” - DG
- “What I want to be sure of when I am hiring an engineer is whether or not they will make my life worse.” - BW
- “Interviewing in itself is a skill. Don’t start with your dream job.” - BW
- “You’re not ‘made’ when you become a software engineer.” - BW
- “The resume is a terrible, terrible way to display your qualifications for anything. SO, the more real people you get to talk to the better.” - BW
Ben’s Site: /*BW*/