Manage episode 298574086 series 2961690
Topic: Beitou hot springs
After a long day, there is nothing better than relaxing in natural hot springs. Did you know that
Taiwan is ranked among the top 15 hot spring places in the world? Beitou is a beautiful
geothermal region, which is very easy to get to and about half an hour by MRT from downtown
Taipei. Beitou has long been famous for its hot springs, and the history can go way back to the
Japanese colonial era in the 19th century. If you have time, stop by the Beitou Hot Spring
Museum. Originally the Beitou Public Bathhouse, the museum shows the history of Beitou's hot
springs and offers a good historical background to the area.
Just remember: take it slow getting in. Wet your feet first, and slowly move up along your body.
Jumping into the hot spring immediately is not a smart idea.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
There is nothing better than …
--There is nothing better than a day at the beach.
--There is nothing better than a home-cooked meal.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. natural [ˈnætʃərəl] (adj.) 自然的；天然的
2. spring [sprɪŋ] (n.) 泉水；春季
3. be ranked among (phr.) 被列名於
4. geothermal [ˌdʒioˈθɝməl] (adj.) 地熱的
5. region [ˈridʒən] (n.) 地區，地帶；行政區域
6. colonial [kəˈloniəl] (adj.) 殖民地的，殖民的
7. era [ˈɪrə] (n.) 時代；歷史時期
8. century [ˈsɛntʃərɪ] (n.) 世紀；一百年
9. take it slow (phr.) 慢慢來
10. immediately [ɪˈmidiətlɪ] (adv.) 立即，即刻，馬上
Powered by Firstory Hosting