Manage episode 298574070 series 2961690
Question: Describe a traditional festival in your country.
Chinese New Year is the most important holiday in my country, which has always been my favorite time of year. All of my family and extended family members gather together to celebrate the day. We usually eat our reunion dinner at a restaurant. Aside from the delicious food and catching up with my relatives, children are given little red envelopes with ‘lucky money’ inside. I like to watch the Lion Dance. This brings good luck. People wear bright, red clothes to bring a happy future. I always look forward to Chinese New Year.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. has/have always been my favourite + noun.
Summer has always been my favorite season.
2. Aside from + noun./V-ing ...
Aside from a few pieces of bread, the food is gone.
3. look forward to + noun//V-ing
We’re really looking forward to our vacation.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. holiday [ˋhɑlə͵de] (n.) 節日，假日
2. extended family (n.) （幾代同堂的）大家庭
3. gather [ˋgæðɚ] (v.) 聚集；集合
4. celebrate [ˋsɛlə͵bret] (v.) 慶祝，舉行
5. reunion [riˋjunjən] (n.) 團聚，聚會；重聚，重逢
6. delicious [dɪˋlɪʃəs] (adj.) 美味的
7. catch up (phr.) 了解（或討論）最新情況
8. relative [ˋrɛlətɪv] (n.) 親戚
9. envelope [ˋɛnvə͵lop] (n.) 信封
10. bright [braɪt] (adj.) 明亮的；發亮的
Powered by Firstory Hosting